Careers at Conifer Communications
Working at Conifer
Conifer is a tight-knit team that’s passionate about helping the world make rural internet better. We’re lucky to work alongside some of the smartest people in our industry, all while serving the community we know and love. This is a team that does great work and has an awesome time doing it. Our employees work from offices in San Andreas and Groveland CA, plus our techs work remotely in five counties and counting. No matter where you work, you’ll find the tools, benefits, support, and culture to succeed and be happy. We’re always looking for more innovative, smart people to join our talented crew.
Join our Team
We have an amazing presence in our current office locations and remotely across Sierras. Conifer gives you the tools to succeed—no matter where you’re located.
Benefits & Perks
gear and safety equipment provided
company vehicle for all site work
on the job
company growth bonuses
Conifer Communications is a wireless high-speed internet provider in Tuolumne, Calaveras, Mariposa, Merced, and Stanislaus counties. A locally owned company founded in 2008, with the operations office in Groveland CA. Conifer Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
Location – San Andreas/Groveland
Must have strong knowledge of Tuolumne and/or Calaveras counties: community, terrain, and roads and possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
You must be a team player, with a bias for action, and sense of pace and urgency; you’ll ensure work is completed within expected timelines and is appropriately documented to support all members of the team. You must have proven and strong competency in diligently updating as-built documentation for internal partners: often in the form of network implementation plans, physical network designs, documents, and spreadsheets. You must have strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and a high degree of integrity. You must be detail and process-oriented. You are high energy, resourceful, and have strong multi-tasking skills. Must be able to lift up to 60lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather.
- High school diploma or GED; college or technical/vocational school is a plus
- Must have strong knowledge of Calaveras county: community, terrain, and roads.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills; basic electronics and/or audio/video knowledge is helpful.
- You possess a basic knowledge of subnets, network topology, and TCP/IP
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable, and motivated with a strong work ethic and a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on a ladder, lift over 50 lbs. at times, crawl into small spaces, and work in all climates
- Detail and process-oriented
- High energy, being resourceful, and strong multi-tasking skills
- Not afraid of heights
- Must be at lest 18 Years of age
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record. Must have own transportation to/from office position. Employment is not suitable with public transportation due to fluctuating workdays, hours & office locations
Typical Week in this Role
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and upgrade wireless internet
- Installation of routers
- Running of CAT5 / Fiber / Coax
- Complete requests for new service
- Configuration of customer-owned computers
- Helping customers with their Internet access
- Verification of service
- Help customers troubleshoot internet access problems
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Wages
- Provided company gear and safety equipment.
- Company vehicle for all site work
- On the job training
- Paid Holidays & vacations
- An opportunity to earn additional incentives through company growth goals
About Conifer Communications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Conifer Communications. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.