Careers at Conifer Communications
Working at Conifer
Conifer is a tight-knit team that’s passionate about helping the world make rural internet better. We’re lucky to work alongside some of the smartest people in our industry, all while serving the community we know and love. This is a team that does great work and has an awesome time doing it. Our employees work from offices in San Andreas and Groveland CA, plus our techs work remotely in five counties and counting. No matter where you work, you’ll find the tools, benefits, support, and culture to succeed and be happy. We’re always looking for more innovative, smart people to join our talented crew.
Join our Team
We have an amazing presence in our current office locations and remotely across Sierras. Conifer gives you the tools to succeed—no matter where you’re located.
Benefits & Perks
gear and safety equipment provided
company vehicle for all site work
on the job
company growth bonuses
Conifer Communications is a wireless high-speed internet provider in Tuolumne, Calaveras, Mariposa, Merced, and Stanislaus counties. A locally owned company founded in 2008, with the operations office in Groveland CA. Conifer Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
Location – San Andreas
Must have strong knowledge of Tuolumne and/or Calaveras counties: community, terrain, and roads and possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
You must be a team player, with a bias for action, and sense of pace and urgency; you’ll ensure work is completed within expected timelines and is appropriately documented to support all members of the team. You must have strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and a high degree of integrity. You must be detail and process-oriented. You are high energy, resourceful, and have strong multi-tasking skills.
- High school diploma or GED; college or technical/vocational school is a plus
- Must have strong knowledge of Calaveras county: community, terrain, and roads.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and a high degree of integrity.
- Basic computer skills; basic electronics and/or audio/video knowledge is helpful.
- Strong knowledge of the motherlode: community, terrain, and roads.
- Detail and process-oriented
- Ability to work independently: high energy, resourcefulness, and strong multi-tasking skills
- Must be at least 18 Years of age
Typical Week in this Role
- Communicating with customers and leads via office walk-ins, inbound calls, emails, and Facebook messages.
- Helping customers troubleshoot internet access problems
- Providing return calls with requested information or updates to customers.
- Updating customer information and billing.
- Configuration of customer-owned computers
- Verification of new service potential.
- Routing live calls to the correct person depending on the requested interaction, screening sales calls.
- Dispatch and support of field technicians.
- Light office housekeeping (shared by all in the office) and organization.
- Community event participation.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Wages
- Provided company gear and safety equipment.
- Company vehicle for all site work
- On the job training
- Paid Holidays & vacations
- An opportunity to earn additional incentives through company growth goals
About Conifer Communications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Conifer Communications. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.